Monday, February 16, 2015

24.entry: Changing your perspectives - Australia

"Never underestimate the power of perspective, it can change everything."

So it has been a while. =D I feel like all my posts start that way. Anyways lets skip all the intro and all the bullshit and go straight to the point. Today I will talk to you about changing your perspectives and what good can come off of it.


The best thing that you can do is change your surroundings. Just recently I have moved to Sydney, Australia. Well I have moved here 1 week ago, but never mind that. So, why is it good to go someplace else once in a while. Because we, people, tend to fall into routine and we tend to accept our reality, no matter how sad it is. So think about your life, think about what you want to accomplish and go for it. Sometimes, the best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in other places that are unfamiliar to you. I know it sounds cliche, but its actually really hard to go from known into unknown, especially if you are not used to it. The problem is that we all like to feel safe, too safe sometimes, which is OK, but sometimes to grow you need to be outside of your comfort zone. So why is this important? Because by being out of your comfort zone you see world differently, and you get to see things from another point of view. And its really important to see the world from more then just your standard perspective. Basically you can change your whole life, if you start looking at the world more optimistically, or just differently I guess. That's is why I recommend to any person to go abroad, to go see the world from a whole another point of view. Because there is so much out there, so much we can discover, so much that can change us and shape us into a better person. If you never leave your nest, you will never learn to fly. 


“There are no facts, only interpretations.” 

Also to change you perspective you need to change your company once in a while. Or not change it, just maybe add to it. For me it is amazing to be in Australia. People here are super nice and are so open and talkative. Literally people come up to me all the time and just talk. And since I come from a country where people aren't so open its quite a shock. But a good one. I love my friends and family from Slovenia, but there is something that they cant give me - an international and cultural perspective. Even when you feel like you are a well traveled person and you know the world, you don't. I am still surprised when I meet people from different cultural background. And just to see how they live, how they go about their day. It fascinates me to see how they see the world, I feel like there is so much we can learn from each other. I know we all have our own ways, but that doesn't always mean that we are right. And its important to learn to be wrong and to accept others point of view, even if it contradicts your logic.


“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.” 

I guess its hard to admit you are wrong when you were taught to think a certain way your whole life. That's the point of traveling. Go out and wonder at the world and embrace other people. Take everyday as an opportunity for learning and for changing your perspectives, so you will be happier. It actually is that easy. Happiness is a decision, and in the end its up to you to decide if you want to be happy or sad. There are always going to be things that will make you feel sad and alone, but there will also always be people who will make you feel loved and appreciated. You just maybe need a different mind set and a different perspective to look at your problems, and maybe eventually they will disappear. 


"Opening your mind, can open all the doors for you, even the ones you never knew existed." 


Post a Comment