Thursday, March 6, 2014

18.entry: Traveling to the Ends of the World (Travel is the only thing you buy, that makes you richer)

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” 

Hello dear readers,

So I am back from my holidays, which gave me an inspiration to write a blog about traveling. I am quite fond of traveling, actually, to be honest, I wanna travel the whole wide world someday. I just need to get away sometimes and go to some unknown country and get lost in the crowds of people or in the nature and be away from everywhere I know. Because only by spreading out your wings we can learn to fly. 

                                                         
                                                                            Lisbon

I have been traveling since I was little, I always liked to wonder around and find new places. I still remember the first time I was on a plane. I was 7 years old we were departing for Turkey and I was crying my eyes out and screaming that the plane will fall down and we will all die, well that didn't happen, but I got a tiger doll out of it, which of course I still have. That was my first real travel adventure and since then I have seen quite a few places, but still there is so much out there where my heart wants to go. In high school I have started to travel on my own, without parents and I have built up on my independence. Soon I wanted to go further and further away. So now my big plan is to go study in Australia for a semester.

         Pre dinner in Setubal (Portugal)

                                                         The making of Argan oil (Marrakech)

So why is traveling so good? Because it broadens your mind and opens your soul. You get to see and feel everything they thought you in school. I mean school is fine, it gives you knowledge, but traveling really opens your eyes and mind. You get to find yourself while traveling, you can do everything. I know sometimes it can be scary to venture off on your own, but only like that you get to meet new people and discover new culture. It is just absolutely fascinating what wonders are hidden outside our house and behind borders of your imagination. Like I said I have seen quite a lot of Europe already and I have been to north Africa and USA, but that is hardly a little piece of the puzzle of our world. 



                                          Cabo di Roca - where land stops and sea begins



If you ever have an option to go traveling, please for your sake, go! Lose yourself in the world around you and wonder off into unknown, because by doing so you will change into a better person, you will see the good and the bad that the other cultures have to offer. And you will grow as a person. If I look at myself now and how I was a few years ago I can surely say I have changed a lot and I believe traveling had something to do with that. Because only by leaving behind everything you know you can really get to be on your own and reflect on yourself. 



                                                                      Marrakech (Marocco)

I know you have all probably heard all the horrible stories on what has happened to people when they were traveling and mostly they are true . Bad things can happen to you if you are traveling, but so can they happen if you are crossing the street in your home town and a reckless driver hits you. But you must not let the bad things slow you down. Just recently I have been in Portugal and while I was there I rented a car. And one day I decided to go to this city just outside Lisbon and I left the car on the secured parking lot and when I returned to the car I found out that the car had been broken into. So yeah bad things do happen, but so do the good things. And at the end of the day I was still happy because well they didn't take anything of much importance and things like that happen, so it is useless to obsess about them. And you know one good thing about traveling is you can always return back home to your family and friends and tell them all about your journey and enlighten them about what you have experienced.

So have I convinced you to buy a plane ticket? Well I hope so, because we only have one life to live, and it would be a waste if we wouldnt travel as much as we can. 

                                                              Pena National Palace (Portugal)

“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” 

"We travel, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel, next to find ourselves. Pico Iyer"

So last words of wisdom: Travel as much as you can, but remember to always know where you came from!



P.s.: All the pictures are from my trip to Portugal and Morocco.

Post a Comment