Tuesday, December 24, 2013

15.entry: Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014

"It is a man-made opportunity for us to write a new book, or at least a new chapter."

So my darlings, it is time for festivities to begin. We have come a long way. We have made mistakes, we have done some things right, but in the end we came out stronger. Because we are still here and what doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger, right? So today I will not write a long essay about how you should be better and what can you do make it right. No, today I will tell you to enjoy your holidays and make plans and dreams for the new year that is going to be phenomenal. 

People say that New Year is bullshit and it is a waste of time and it is nothing special. Well it may be true, but it gives us a new energy and hope, a new strength to go on. To start all over, to start fresh. And that is what we all need to do. In the following week let us reflect on what we have achieved and let us acknowledge all that has happened to us in the year 2013. And sit down for a moment and cherish it all. Just soak in all the memories, the good and the bad. Like a mirror, we can see who we have become in this year. And on that basis we can make plans for a new year. Because we need dreams, we need hope, we need that spark inside of us, that we can make it better, that we can change and prosper. 

Lets forgive and forget all the bad things, just let it all go. Let go of all the anger and hate, and lets make some room for love instead. For love is our power. It gives us strength to help each other and to smile everyday. And even though I am not religious, I do believe in Christmas, the idea of it at least. Its time of rebirth, time to start a new. So my darlings, dare to make plans, because the sky is our limit and nothing can hold us back.
“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. 
And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.”



Post a Comment