Saturday, October 26, 2013

11.entry: The gift of choice to be good!

"The moment we stop fighting for each other, that’s the moment we lose our humanity."

Dear readers, 

Today I will talk to you more about our freedom of choice to be good rather then being ordinary. 
So as we are stepping forward in this world we often lose a sight of who we are and what we want. This happens to me like all the time. But the one thing I try to keep constant, is to be good. And by doing so I find my way back to who I am and what I want to do with my life. Because everyday I see people who are too involved in their own world to even see what is happening around them, who is hurting and who needs our help. I have said this so many times, but some people do need our help, and we have to help them. It happens everyday when something bad happens to somebody and people just stand by, taking pictures with their phones and nobody tries to help them, because they think somebody else will. But here is the problem, who will help the unfortunate if everybody thinks like that? So we have to, not only want to help, but it is our duty to help another human being. I am not saying that everybody is like that, it just that to many think they don't need to help. 
I have to be honest with you, the motivation for today`s post is coming from me watching Man of Steel, finally! And the movie was amazing, and the whole idea behind the movie is that we have to take care of each other, and let people help us. Because there is a force inside each and everyone of us to be good, and this force is a hope for our humanity. And by being good, I don't mean just be good to people around you, but to everything there is, animals, nature, country and whole together to the world that is around you.

May this symbol reminds you of your choice to be good.

Sometimes we forget that every act we take part in, will somehow reflect on our future and we build our world day by day, and also destroy it. We think we have no impact on what is going on around us. Let me tell you that every act of kindness is a drop in the "happy" sea, and you may ask yourself, what difference does this one drop make compared to the whole sea, well sugar, sea is just a multitude of drops. And yes when you put them together the power is greater, and we all can contribute to make it even stronger. So I want to empower you to use the gift of choice you have in you, and you need to chose to be good rather then do nothing. Because fighting for each other is the fundamental to our existence, we need to be driven by the force of good and only then we shall achieve our victory. 


I hope, by know I have motivated you to be a good person. Let me tell you how you can do that, if you are new at this. First start with small things, like smiling to somebody who is having a bad day, and talk to people nicely, even though they are grumpy or not in the mood or whatever. And then when you walk around the city be aware of the world around you, and if somebody needs help, be the hand that holds them up and give them hope to go on. Here I would like to suggest other kinds, like a charity organization. I, for a fact, am a part of Rotaract organization. That is a charitable organization known all around the world that helps people in need, or the people in your local community. Rotaract is basically for anybody who is from 18-30 years old and it is a part of Rotary organization, which is meant fol older people. And we actually just opened this new club, Rotaract Kranj (that is the name of the city in which we act in) and so far we are doing amazingly. So there are many options for everybody to be the best they can be, chose whatever suits you the best and just do good. Believe me it feels amazing to be a good person, if fills you up with all the best emotions. So by helping other you also help yourself.
Here I will post a link to a facebook page of our charity Rotaract Kranj, which you can like and see what we do and maybe it will give you and idea what to do next.

And on the picture below are my friends from this Rotaract club I talk so much about, this picture was taken when we were established and started our way down the "be a good person" road. 



And for the end let me share with you a video from YouTube,where you can see how helping others can also help you and the whole circle is completed. And remember the Superman sigh = the force in us to do good, and the choice we need to make to be good. 

So everyday when you wake up put a smile on your face, and on as many other faces you can through the day, and you will go to bed with the biggest smile I promise!


Au revoir!
Post a Comment