Sunday, March 3, 2013

8.entry: Ancient Egypt through modern eyes

Perfection is what leads to eternity!

I am back. Tanned and full of knowledge I have returned from Egypt.
This time I went full on exploring the ancient Egypt from Aswan to Cairo. I have seen everything from Abu Simbel to Pyramids in Giza and the whole journey was breath-taking.

Here are some pic from the trip!



So to tell you what I think about Egypt now that I have seen its true colors.
Ancient Egypt is wonderful at least the remains of it. It is a civilization so amazing and it is a shame they are not around anymore. I am fascinated by their religion, the gods such as Ra, Horus etc. and the power it had over the people. Mostly in a good way. These people were the ones who build the pyramids, can you imagine; 1 stone of the pyramid weighs around 2 or 2,5 tons and they built the biggest pyramid of Cheops in only 19 years. They had so much knowledge of the world around them, that even today`s scientists can not touch them in some ways. They were amazing workers as you can see from everything they made, and everything was just so perfect. And all the walls in the temples were covered in hieroglyphs and pictures of goods and Pharaohs telling us a story of their lives. Eternity, that is what they reached. People will know who they were and what they did. And if that is not something to admire.
Anyways I am just trying to say I am fascinated by the civilization that once ruled in Egypt, but the survival for life that is happening now is unbearable. 

We have seen few of the poorest parts of Egypt and people there have no dignity, no money and no respect for other people`s life. They would literally sell their children for 10 Egyptian pounds, but they are not all so bad. It is just their misfortune they were born in a world like that, that pushes them towards poverty and criminal. The main problem is that they do not go to schools and they don't know how to read, so it is really easy to manipulate them, and that is what some people are doing and they are doing it with money. I was sad to see the situation there, because if you are in Hurghada or Sharm el-Sheikh you do not see the parts of Egypt that are distressed and so on the down low. It was a real eye opener, when you see little kids begging for food and money, because their parents are too lazy to work or have no morals. We tourist, we go there maybe give them some money to ease our conscience, but then we return back home, to our house made of bricks and hot meal on the table every day, when some people out there do not have that luxury. It makes me cherish everything I have and makes me look at things differently. I wish I could change their lives for better but it is just not in my power, because no child or human deserves such a life they are leading, if I can even call that a life. So I hope one day people will see what they are doing and help their people in need and not see only money.
Sometimes I wonder where has this planet come to: Everywhere I look it is all about the money, people have no real values anymore, they do not respect anything other then money and would sell their dignity for a new car. I hope and I wish that one day, they will realize what matters and will change for the better.
Anyways enough about the world`s problems. Egypt was nevertheless amazing journey, I have smoked shisha, I bargained at bazaar, sail the Nile and went inside the biggest pyramid in the world. I have come to love the country with the good and the bad. So there is no doubt Egypt will be seeing more of me in the future.







For the ending I would just like to say to all my readers: TRAVEL! Travel as far as you can, and as long as your legs can take you. Because there is nothing more fulfilling then embracing the world around you and learning everyday about the mysteries of the world !!

Ma' Alsalam مع السلامة (goodbye in Arabic)


Post a Comment