Sunday, January 6, 2013

5.entry: The only Constant thing in life is Change."

We have to adapt and overcome, that is all we can do!

Hello my dear readers, so I am back from holidays with new topics and new strength.
First of all, I would like to wish everybody happy New Year and all the best for the future, which I believe is gonna be as bright as the sun itself. So I have put my bottle down and sober myself up so I can write a new post.

And what better topic to break into new year, then change. So like I wrote in the headline. Change is the only constant thing in life and I personally find this quote (by Heraclitus) amazing because well constant and change have the opposite meanings but here we see that change is the only constant. It is a good word play, that is what I am trying to say. Anyways everything changes, and no matter how hard it is, we need to adapt to change and accept it. Because no matter how much we can try, we cannot reverse the nature and so we need to adapt to whatever comes our way. 
Old people are so fond of saying: "Oh dear, these computer are so weird and the Internet is non understandable". Come on, I know you have not grown up with this kind of technology, but at some point you need to stop complaining and just get on with life and try to use what smart people are offering you, because it will make your life easier.
And constantly I hear people complain about all sorts of changes, if change is good you should shut you mouth and start adapting. Because the sooner you get on the case, the sooner you will exceed.


Do you think it is easy for caterpillar to change into a butterfly. Probably not, because I can not imagine how it would feel to grow wings. But in order for it to fly, it needs to change and start a new life. Remember the sky is the limit.

Nothing stays the same, if you do not believe me, look at your childhood pictures and tell me if you haven't changed? We grow but not just in height but also mentally and personally, but how do we tell if the change was good or bad?

Here is me, changing throughout the years.


Big difference right!

So how do we know if the personal change we have been through is good or bad? Well people will tell you for sure, you just have to figure out who to listen to. When I was in elementary school one teacher told me that after the summer break I have changed, but not entirely for good. So I was worried, what happened to me? What did she mean by that? And I am thankful to her, because everytime I see the change in me, I ask myself: "Is this the person I want to become?" And then if not, serious actions have to be taken.

And I feel sometimes we all should take a moment to reflect on ourselves, and look for mistakes and cracks in the mirror due to changes we have been through. And just ask yourself: "Am I proud on who I have become? Is this the person I wanna be? Am I on the right track to being the best I can?" I feel some soul searching is necessary after a new years, like the champagne at midnight, just to have a closure after the whole year of dealing with stuff.
I think we can never change back to the person we were before, is it like with the butterfly story, even if he would to tear off his wings, he would never be a caterpillar once again. So like I said adapt to the change and start growing with it. Only with growing we can keep up with the world.
Sometimes you even have to run faster and faster to stay at the same place, it is funny I know but so true.
 ( also called The Red Queen effect - from Alice in the Wonderland)




Tiger will not change it`s stripes for anybody. What I mean by that is, that the change inside us can not be forced on us, it happens when we grow and experience different things in life. So we can not change if somebody asks us to, nor should be, because it should happen on our own accord and you can lose the meaning of it, if you will change for somebody else. Basically you need to find that balance to stay true to who you are, and adapt to the world around you in order to survive and succeed.



 If you are one of the influential people then you can change the world how ever you want to, but does not mean you should if it is not for the better. So a big shout out to all the people who are using their influence for good causes.

So with there I will leave you to go stare in the mirror and ask yourself who you are and how have you changed!
So remember be brave and adaptable, be a "tiger" to survive and a "butterfly" in order to fly. 

Now I will share with you a piece of really good music from an upcoming band. Enjoy and goodbye for now.



Post a Comment